Carnir: After the War
This page organizes the game’s house rules. Official errata for the Player’s Handbook can be found here.
Detailed here are rules for the catfolk race.
Detailed here are guidelines for improvising actions not covered by the normal rules.
Any PC can use Inspiration to gain advantage on any d20 roll, regain the use of a feature that recharges on a long or short rest once per session, or take an additional action. At their discretion, a PC can use Inspiration a second time in a single session, but doing so gives the DM one use of Inspiration that can be used by enemies.
Class House Rules
The Eldritch Knight archetype’s spells are no longer limited to the schools of abjuration and evocation and can be from any school of magic.
Monks belonging to the Way of the Four Elements monastic tradition get two elemental disciplines instead of one when they learn new disciplines. Additionally, the ki point cost for all disciplines is reduced by 1 ki point, to a minimum of 1.
The Arcane Trickster archetype’s spells are no longer limited to the schools of enchantment and illusion and can be from any school of magic.
Rather than simply buying food in the city, characters are able to cook and eat various monsters or dungeon flora if they have any of the following proficiencies:
- Wisdom (Survival)
- Cook’s utensils (under artisan’s tools)
- Herbalism kit
- Brewer’s supplies
Cooking a monster requires an ability check with a base DC of 10. Success grants anyone eating the meal free healing as if they had spent a hit die. Particularly high results can provide additional benefits, which are cumulative:
- 12: Everyone eating the meal is treated as having sustenance for the entire day and removes one level of exhaustion.
- 15: Everyone eating the meal gains additional free healing as if they had spent an additional hit die.
- 18: Everyone eating the meal removes two levels of exhaustion.
- 20 or higher: Everyone eating the meal gains additional free healing as if they had spent an additional hit die, and can make another saving throw against any poison or disease afflicting them.